End of Year Countdown: 5 Top Fives of 2015

Photo credit: derekskey on Flickr
It's 2016! Except I ran out of post days to post this annual tradition, so I'm squeezing it in here, on the first day of the new year. YAY 2016!

So here we go! My top fives of 2015. :)

Top 5 Most Popular Posts (On Writability)

As per usual, these are calculated with blogger’s page view counts. Like last year, the list is the same as the year before, with a little rearranging.
  1. Why Write Blog Posts Consistently? 
  2. Do You Listen to Music While Writing?
  3. Tumblr for Writers
  4. Writers: Start Acting Like Professionals
  5. Pirating Books: It's Not a Harmless Download
  6. How to Write Awesome Kiss Scenes
*Technically this is more than five but it was close-ish so I added a bonus post. Because kissing.


Top 5 Most Active Commenters

As explained every year, I use Disqus’s very nice widget on my sidebar to keep track of how many comments every lovely commenter makes. The system isn’t perfect and only keeps track of accounts, so if you comment on multiple accounts, it thinks you’re more than one person, but regardless, these five fabulous readers are the most active commenters of the Writability community—thank you!

Note: Those with two asterisks have been on the top five list for two years, and those with three asterisks were on the top five list the year before that! All the thank yous!
  1. Robin Red**
  2. RoweMatthew***
  3. Heather
  4. Jen Donohue**
  5. Daniel Swensen***

Top 5 Favorite (Writerly) Tumblr Blogs of the Year

Over time, tumblr has become one of my favorite social media sites. I’ve learned a ridiculous amount from the incredible finds posted there, and I’ve also really enjoyed the nerdy randomness that frequently appears on my feed.

These are my top five favorite writerly/bookish tumblr blogs, as calculated by tumblr based off which blogs get the most reblogs and likes from me.

Top 5 Favorite Books of the Year

So in previous years, this used to be favorite blogs, but I really haven't been keeping up with my blogs this year, so I decided to do books instead. Not-so coincidentally I reviewed all of these or in the case of the 2016 books, I have reviews on the way. :) So! Here are my favorite reads of the year, in no particular order:

  1. Focus on Me by Megan Erickson (Review)
  2. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Review
  3. Half Wild by Sally Green (Review)
  4. Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
  5. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

Top 5 Favorite Twitter Accounts

Twitter remains my favorite favorite. And these Twitter peoples are amazing, uplifting, and insightful in topics like writing, marginalizations, publishing and more. (Again, in no particular order):

So those are my top fives of 2015—do you have any favorites of the year you’d like to share?

Also, Happy New Year, everyone!

Writer @Ava_Jae shares her top fives of 2015—what are some of your favorite writing resources of last year? (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...